Obstacles

Well, I was about to start on Toadman 3, but then I realized that I had no sprite editor to draw the graphics with. I used to use Pixel Plus 256, but it's a DOS program and my laptop won't run it, because either I have Vista or because my graphics card doesn't support 320X200 resolution. I can use DosBox, but that's just not convenient. I don't have Photoshop, and Gimp is a nightmare to work with.

Instead, I've been working on my own sprite editor in the mean time. Just something simple but good enough to get what I want done. Besides, I've always wanted to make a sprite editor, one that's customized my way. I hope to having it functioning well enough in a couple weeks so I can start using it.

2 comments:

  1. Ah - i've always wanted to write my own sprite editor. I tried a few times back in the QB days but the interface was always aweful heh.

    Id do it.. if I knew anything about GUIs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've attempted a sprite editor a number of times in the past. But I'm getting better each time. Maybe this time I'll actually get far enough to make something half-decent. :)

    ReplyDelete