Moved to a new place

I just spent the last fews weeks moving to a new place. But that's all done now, except for a couple unpacked boxes. Now I have time to finish working on Toadman 3.

Here I am, three months into the new year. Will Toadman 3 ever be finished? It seems close, but time keeps ticking away. What needs to be done? For starters, there's an issue list on Github that I need to complete. I have added issues to the list as I found ( or though about ) them. Besides that, it's mostly just content. The game gets somewhat boring after three levels. I need to find ways to keep it interesting. Once I have enough widgets and bad guys, extra levels should come easy. By "widgets" I mean things that the player can interact with, like keys/doors, items to pickup and use, ways to explore the map ( like teleporters ), etc. Without these, the levels are just boring mazes. I have a few widgets, but I should add many more.

How long will all this take? I can probably clear the issue list by next month, and have enough extra content in another two months. Ugh. I wish it could be sooner. That's also a gracious estimate, assuming just a few hours a week. Maybe I'll pull a couple all-nighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment